Our client, the company that revolutionizing marine navigation with data-driven intelligence, autonomy, and connectivity. The leader in pioneering autonomous control and advanced perception systems for the maritime industry is looking to hire Autonomy Software Engineer to design, develop, test, and integrate software algorithms, applications, APIs, and graphical user interfaces for autonomous and unmanned surface vessel control & monitoring systems.
Few facts about our client
- Specializing in Autonomous control and Navigation Systems for boats and ships
- Raised $20M in funding in 2020
- Opened waterfront Boston; Hamburg, Germany; and Esbjerg, Denmark, offices
- Received class and regulatory approval of wireless helm system for U.S. - flagged ATBs
- Established a global dealer program to sell products
- 3+ years of experience in C++ / Python software development for commercial products
- 3+ years of experience developing autonomy software in complex integrated dynamic hardware applications, e.g., path planning, obstacle avoidance, sensor fusion, map building, etc
- Experience with software version control
- Experienced in full software life cycle development
- Familiarity with Shell Scripts in UNIX /Linux environment
- Understanding of Agile SW Development Methodology
- Understanding of computer architecture
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking is a plus
- Experience collaborating with other functional teams to seamlessly integrate software and hardware systems
- Good communications skills (verbal and written), ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and convincingly
- Comfortable with a fast-paced development schedule
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or other related engineering field
Autonomy Software Engineer will join the existing software team working on advanced autonomy software for our marine product. The candidate will work closely with the user interface team, system team, artificial intelligence team, and customer support team.
- Develop, test, and integrate advanced software for marine vessel autonomy
- Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
- Maintain software documentation and assist in the development of user documentation
- Participate in field testing & trials
- Work closely with customer support team and resolve customer issues
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Work cross-functionally with technical teams to execute functional testing, system integration verification and performance validation on new products in automated simulation and in vessel trials
The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States – U.S. citizen or Green card holder.
This position is based in Boston, MA.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Apply to this position with Employa and get brand new hiring experience
Employa is a smart recruiting assistant that connects tech talents with the best employers to make the hiring process fast and easy for both sides. Employa AI driven engines eliminate biases and limitations of human-to-human interaction, so candidates can always make sure that their CVs will be delivered, considered and evaluated properly. It also enables candidates to track the hiring progress and improve their ranking for the position by answering additional questions from the potential employer.