Our client, the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace is looking for an Engineering Manager (Chicago, remote). The company has raised $55M in Series C and has around 750 employees working worldwide. Every month, 6 million people come to the company to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is their focus, and every day they help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About the Role
At the company, they make solutions with Ruby on Rails and React with an emphasis on good code design and quality. They enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers get the opportunity to work on real issues that they see our customers encounter. Apply and start a conversation today if you wish to join an experienced and passionate team whose authenticity and kindness will help you grow. If you wish to join an experienced passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow then apply and start a conversation with us today!
In this role you will:
- Hire new engineers and support an inclusive process, lean in as coach and mentor
- Empower engineers through weekly one on one feedback conversations that help with continuous learning and level setting
- Create an efficient and effective team focused on delivering consistent value while ensuring the story throughput is in line with expected goals
- Help features move along while keeping a pulse on the quality of our code design through pull request reviews and code quality metrics
- Manage dependencies between teams with creativity and transparency that need to be met in order to achieve a business goal of stories
- Celebrate the success of the team and connect each engineer to the value they are providing to the company and those around them
- Coordinate training opportunities with budget in mind that will further accelerate the growth of the team in areas of need
- Attend and facilitate agile events such as scrum, retrospective, grooming and planning to promote good process and help the team focus on outcomes
- Partner with Product, Design and Data so that a diverse set of ideas can be employed to solve challenging problems.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 8+ years of programming experience, ideally in a web environment
- Demonstrated learning in web software development skills
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and enjoys working creatively with a team
- 1+ years experience managing engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and guide internal stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to influence across the company
- Strong time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a completed Bootcamp
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails or React
- Setup career growth and development leveling and competencies
- Experience leading self organized teams
Project technology stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- Kafka, AWS
Perks and benefits:
- Life, Health and Dental Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Vision Insurance
About Company and People
The company was founded to create a place where people will love to work. They strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of their community and culture are people. Their global team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes their community strong and vibrant. The company wants everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through the company and team events, Gives charitable initiatives, and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Their employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of the team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, they build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak. Due to Covid, the company is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
The company is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. They consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.