Our client, the company that aims to revolutionize home financing, giving homeowners a new way to take advantage of the equity in their homes is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join them. The company has 100+ employees and its total funding amount is 112M. Their vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is a today. They also aspire to build a long-lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
Their first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need. This product is scaling rapidly and the company has begun their plans to expand their platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Their solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
Sponsorship is not provided, only candidates with Visa to work in the country can apply.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will help build, test, and scale software to enable homeowners to access their home’s equity. You will influence how and what we build as we expand to serve homeowners across the country. We are looking for an engineer who is mission-driven, passionate about quality, and motivated to deliver results.
What You'll Do:
- Building integrations with both internal and external tools including Salesforce, HouseCanary, Segment, Experian, and more
- Championing the creation of new tools and processes to improve workflow
- Maintaining a high bar for code quality and best practices through code reviews
- Implementing key analytics to support a highly data-driven company
- Collaborating with engineers, product managers, and stakeholders using Agile practices
- Providing mentorship and guidance to our growing engineering team
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience with Python and Python-based frameworks, preferably Django
- Strong knowledge of how to query databases using SQL and/or ORMs
- Detailed experience with testing frameworks
- Experience with cloud services, preferably AWS
- Proficiency with Git or other revision control systems
- Familiarity with API design, development, and documentation
Experience working on products requiring a high level of security
Familiarity with the Fintech industry.
About the Team and Culture:
The company prides themselves on being Owners -- of their jobs, output, careers -- and Good Neighbors - they believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. They are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.