We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Durham, NC) for a rewards application that lets people easily earn bitcoin when they shop online. This US-based startup was born in early 2018 and quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 500 online stores pre-launch. They have raised over $20M and partnered with 1,000+ top online merchants such as Booking.com, Safeway, Expedia, SeatGeek, Bloomingdale’s, Hotels.com, and Priceline. The company’s mission is to make bitcoin accessible to all by making it easy for everyone to earn and own bitcoin.
The company is growing fast and is looking for the best and the brightest to bring on the team. Core skills must include serious server-side Java with Spring Framework, using Spring Boot microservices. Front-end proficiency is also desired but not required.
Do you like building incredible things that millions of people use? Do you thrive in an autonomous and mostly distributed environment? Can you produce efficient, clean code that's better than the code you wrote a couple of months ago? If so, let's talk.
A Senior Software Engineer leads the transformation of product requirements into technical implementations, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms. Reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Spring, including Spring Boot
- Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Asynchronous Messaging
- REST APIs
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Design and implementation of new software or software revisions.
- Create high-level architectural specifications.
- Provide consultation on complex projects and new initiatives.
- Top level contributor/specialist.
- Participate in security reviews and audits.
- Mentor junior developers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (or equivalent experience)
- May be expected to have an advanced degree in area of specialty
- At least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area (or shows equivalent competency)