Our client, the company that revolutionizing marine navigation with data-driven intelligence, autonomy, and connectivity. The leader in pioneering autonomous control and advanced perception systems for the maritime industry is looking to hire Senior Autonomy Software Engineer to design, develop, test, and integrate software algorithms, applications, APIs, and graphical user interfaces for autonomous and unmanned surface vessel control & monitoring systems.
Few facts about our client
- Specializing in Autonomous control and Navigation Systems for boats and ships
- Raised $20M in funding in 2020
- Opened waterfront Boston; Hamburg, Germany; and Esbjerg, Denmark, offices
- Received class and regulatory approval of wireless helm system for U.S. - flagged ATBs
- Established a global dealer program to sell products
- 5+ years of experience in C++ / Python software development for commercial products.
- 5+ years of experience developing autonomy software in complex integrated dynamic hardware applications.
- Has developed software in path planning, motion control, map building, obstacle avoidance, and sensor fusion.
- Deep understanding of radar processing.
- Experience in robotics architecture.
- Familiarity with Shell Scripts in UNIX /Linux environment.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking is a plus.
- Experience with software version control.
- Understanding of Agile SW Development Methodology.
- Experience collaborating with other functional teams to seamlessly integrate software and hardware systems.
- Good communications skills (verbal and written), ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and convincingly.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced development schedule.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or other related engineering field
Autonomy Software Engineer will join the existing software team working on advanced autonomy software for our marine product. The candidate will work closely with the user interface team, system team, artificial intelligence team, and customer support team.
- Architect autonomy stack and deliver on roadmap.
- Develop, test, and integrate autonomy software for marine vessel autonomy.
- Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code.
- Maintain software documentation and assist in the development of user documentation.
- Participate in field testing & trials.
- Work closely with customer support team and resolve customer issues.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Work cross-functionally with technical teams to execute functional testing, system integration verification and performance validation on new products in automated simulation and in vessel trials.
The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States – U.S. citizen or Green card holder.
This position is based in Boston, MA.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Employa is a SaaS company that provides smart ATS extensions for the sourcing, screening and ranking of best-matched tech talent and offers tech recruiting services.
Our highly accurate AI algorithm takes care of internal and external sourcing, communication with applicants, talent insights, resume check and matching. It ensures unbiased and diversified hiring trusted by businesses of all sizes