Our client, a rapidly scaling company that provides the platform for wireless operators to offer a complete home broadband solution is looking for a Senior SRE, who will help to unlock home Internet and streaming video for 100s of millions of users globally.
The company has a bold mission of bringing this service to the over 1B home consumers globally which don't have access to home broadband today, but are clamoring for streaming video in their homes as TV evolves to be consumed 100% OTT.
About the role:
This role will be responsible for contributing to software and systems engineering to build and run a large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant cloud infrastructure platform for the company. The Senior SRE will interface the engineering teams and help ensure that content distribution service has the required infrastructure deployed and made available to the engineering teams, with high levels of reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs. This role will contribute to fast rate of improvement, best practices infrastructure architecture and design, as well as help keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance. Additionally, this role will contribute to software development required to optimize existing systems, building infrastructure, implementing third-party services and systems, and eliminating work through automation.
The company is a remote first and diverse engineering culture spanning the globe. They strive for enabling deep technical ownership, mentoring, and fostering technical and personal growth.
- AWS deployment experience, leveraging infrastructure as code best practices (Terraform, Helm)
- Experience with the complex challenges of scale, while using experience with software development, algorithms, complexity analysis, and large-scale system design to help deploy and operate a best-of-breed cloud infrastructure as a service system
- Help the SRE team achieve a highly responsive and high uptime SRE function
- Experience with ownership of end-to-end availability and performance of key services, build automation to prevent problem recurrence, and automation around non-exceptional service conditions
- Experience working with algorithms, data structures, global-scale distributed systems, and content delivery networks (CDNs)
- Participation in on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model
- Familiarity with performance focused back-end programming languages (Golang, Java, C++) is a plus
Apply to this position with Employa and get brand new hiring experience
Employa is a smart recruiting assistant that connects tech talents with the best employers to make the hiring process fast and easy for both sides. Employa AI driven engines eliminate biases and limitations of human-to-human interaction, so candidates can always make sure that their CVs will be delivered, considered and evaluated properly. It also enables candidates to track the hiring progress and improve their ranking for the position by answering additional questions from the potential employer.