Our client, a rapidly scaling company that provides the platform for wireless operators to offer a complete home broadband solution is looking for a Principal SDET, who will help to unlock home Internet and streaming video for 100s of millions of users globally.
The company has a bold mission of bringing this service to the over 1B home consumers globally which don't have access to home broadband today, but are clamoring for streaming video in their homes as TV evolves to be consumed 100% OTT.
About the role:
This role will be responsible for technical leadership of quality engineering efforts, primarily focused on software development in test and scaling automation testing through tooling and frameworks. The SDET will contribute to the SDLC and HDLC on the client's Hub which is an innovative and best in class home appliance supporting efficient and seamless content distribution of SVOD offerings using wireless networks. Responsibilities will span automation testing across cloud microservices architecture as well as the distributed components of the content distribution platform, leadership of automation testing team as well as quality engineers on a direct technical level as well as through strong individual contributions, immersion within engineering team to assist in executing a quality development and release process for end-to-end content distribution service, and leading contributions to defining and executing the end-to-end quality engineering process.
The company is a remote first and diverse engineering culture spanning the globe. They strive for enabling deep technical ownership, mentoring, and fostering technical and personal growth.
- 8+ years of experience as a SDET or as a software engineer
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure and services
- Strong understanding of CI/CD process and automated testing approach around the workflow
- QA concepts and methodologies
- Contribute-to and build test automation frameworks and tools
- Effective collaborator and communicator
- Demonstrate strong leadership acumen and deliver pro-actively deliver and drive quality features and products
- Liaise with technical and product team to define testing requirements
- Self motivated and self-starter
- Review and understand technical and functional requirements
- Collaborate with tech leads, devs and product
- Estimate testing effort and establish baselines and timelines around those efforts
- Iteratively increase test automation coverage by writing automation tests both on app and cloud platforms
- Develop and scale tools for the development team, to seamlessly measure and test quality of code
- Maintain automation tests: no false positives or false negatives
- Review unit and Integration tests and results
- Drive user acceptance testing and A/B testing
- Culture: Company is full of team players that have an ownership mentality. Attention to detail and quality is pervasive throughout the team. People work remotely, which lets them enjoy the lack of commute and complete flexibility in the work environment while focusing on productivity toward an ambitious mission.
- Challenges: Help solve a massive global problem, with over a billion addressable homes as well as with a truly global social impact, using state of the art technology reliant on intelligence/optimization focused, core cloud service
- Team: Be part of an experienced team building a large scale platform and service, with veterans from SkyFire, Altiscale, Google, QuickPlay, Sling, Dynamicsoft, Giphy, Skype, Qualcomm, and Cisco
- Perks and Benefits:
- Work from home/remote
- No formal vacation policy
- Company Retreats. Quarterly Company Meetings
- Flexible Hours.
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
Apply to this position with Employa and get brand new hiring experience.
Employa is a smart recruiting assistant that connects tech talents with the best employers to make the hiring process fast and easy for both sides. Employa AI-driven engines eliminate biases and limitations of human-to-human interaction, so candidates can always make sure that their CVs will be delivered, considered, and evaluated properly. It also enables candidates to track the hiring progress and improve their ranking for the position by answering additional questions from the potential employer.