Our client, the company that is focused on improving the furniture buying experience is looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer.
Their vision is:
- to reinvent a completely broken home furnishing experience, filled with frustrating delays, no flexibility, and irresponsible waste;
- to build the most trusted platform for consumers to find flexibility and everything they need to make their space feel like home, while maximizing usage of every item and ensuring a more sustainable future.
They believe in leveraging thoughtfully designed technology, world-class circular logistics, and hospitality-minded service to achieve that vision.
Few facts about our client
- With $40M+ in funding raised to date from top investors, they are a fast-growing, Series B startup.
- The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, with a semi-decentralized team spread around the US and the globe, and believes great talent can be found anywhere.
- They understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives and strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help them to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals.
- The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 5+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails software development
- Proficiency with Relational database modeling and programming, good working knowledge of operational best practices, cloud systems performance, security, maintainability
- Opinions on how a best-in-class architecture should work: Proven ability to architect and build complex, reliable, secure and efficient systems from scratch. Participation in discussions of stability & efficiency. How to develop a best product for flexibility and experimentation in the future
- Enthusiasm for leading and mentoring junior engineers
- Eagerness to think about problem domains in the context of how systems work
Senior Backend Engineer will power the platform for furnishing a home in an environment where people’s needs, tastes, and even location are constantly changing. The company is building much of the product from scratch and the person in this role will work alongside the other engineers on a small team to focus on user-facing web app and internal tooling for CX, operations, and merchandising teams.
Engineers play a pivotal role in figuring out the destiny of the business. They are equally as involved in dreaming up game-changing ideas for people’s spaces as they are in executing on those ideas.
- Architect and build core parts of Ruby on Rails back-end to help customers browse, visualize and manage products for their home
- Build and improve tools to help internal teams deliver a delightful customer experience by managing customer communications, inventory data, order and delivery processes and beyond
- Use third-party integrations for internal tooling, payments, order last-mile efforts, and data collection
- Engage with everyone in the company on brainstorming, prioritizing, and developing strategy around marketing, operations, support, and everything else they do here (all the way down to figuring out how to cover the city in stickers)